Hospice is a team-oriented approach to expert medical care, pain and symptom management, and emotional and spiritual support. It’s for people of all ages who have a life-limiting health condition and a life expectancy of six months or less. Hospice has a primary goal of providing comfort when a cure may no longer be possible.
Agrace focuses on improving quality of life for both the patient and their family by:
- Listening to your concerns
- Working with you to develop a plan to help achieve your goals
- Providing a highly skilled team of hospice professionals who work together to enhance your comfort
- Allowing you—the patient—to choose the services you want and need
- Treating you and your family members with compassion and dignity throughout the end-of-life journey
With Agrace, each patient becomes the center of a “circle of care.” Around the circle is an interdisciplinary team that includes specially trained nurses, nursing assistants, doctors, social workers, counselors, volunteers and others. The members of your care team are available to assist with what matters most to you and your family—whether that’s being free from pain, easing your worries, repairing a strained relationship or being well enough to attend an upcoming wedding or graduation.
Your goals are the focus of your unique plan of care, and you can choose the Agrace services you want and need—not only medical care, but also medications, equipment, and emotional and spiritual support.
Agrace cares for people of all ages, including children. Many of our patients have a life-limiting illness such as cancer, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, stroke, ALS or AIDS, but many other conditions also make a person eligible to receive hospice care. If your physician has predicted a life expectancy of six months or less, and you are not seeking a cure for your condition, you are eligible for hospice.
We serve people of all income levels, backgrounds and ethnicities, and we strive to honor the distinctive cultural and spiritual practices of all people.
Sadly, many people don’t realize they are eligible for Agrace hospice services until it is very late in their illness, and they miss out on the full support they and their families could have received. Call us today to learn about the Agrace hospice benefits that may be available to you, and we will explain how you can receive the support you need.
Watch some video testimonials to see how Agrace is helping patients and their families live life to the fullest.
Hospice services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans, so for most people receiving hospice services, there are generally no bills, no claims and no financial surprises.
- With Medicare, there are minimal out-of-pocket expenses—even for medications and equipment that are often needed in the last months of life.
- For Medicaid hospice services, there are no out-of-pocket expenses.
- Coverage by private insurers varies, and Agrace will help patients learn what is available through their policies.
- If you do not have other coverage and you qualify financially, funding is available for hospice services through the Agrace Foundation’s Care for All program, which is supported by community donations.
These sources of coverage make Agrace’s hospice care accessible to people of all income levels, without creating a financial burden for the patient or their family.
For care that is not related to your primary hospice diagnosis, Medicare and Medicaid will continue to provide their normal benefits.
The Medicare/Medicaid hospice benefit covers:
- Skilled nursing services
- Volunteer services
- Physician visits
- Skilled therapies
- Home health aide visits
- Personal care
- Social work services
- Spiritual counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Grief support for the family
- Medications for pain and other symptoms
- Durable medical equipment
- Inpatient care for symptom management
- Inpatient respite care to relieve caregiving responsibilities of the family
Know your options. It’s never too soon to get information, and anyone can refer patients to Agrace—you, a family member, a friend, even patients themselves. Simply call our Admission Center to ask questions, set up an appointment or take a tour. You can also inquire about our services through our online contact form.