Most Agrace patients receive hospice services at home. “Home” may mean a house, condo, apartment or assisted living facility. Another option for Agrace patients isresidential hospice care at the beautiful, homelike Ellen & Peter Johnson HospiceCare Residence, located on the Agrace campus in Madison.
Residential hospice care at Agrace’s Johnson Residence is similar to living in an assisted-living facility. It’s for hospice patients who are medically stable and prefer to live where Agrace’s hospice professionals available nearby, around the clock, for assistance with medical concerns and personal care.
Care is managed by an interdisciplinary team of caring professionals, led by a registered nurse (RN). The RN arranges visits from an Agrace physician or nurse practitioner, as needed. Patients also receive care and support from social workers, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants (CNAs), hospice counselors and trained volunteers.
The Johnson Residence is designed to help patients feel that they are at home, where they may enjoy time with family and friends and have easy access to hospice caregivers.
The Johnson Residence at Agrace in Madison features a number of great amenities:
- Family lounges
- Family rooms with fully equipped kitchens
- Critically acclaimed dining room with gourmet café/coffee shop
- Spas with whirlpool baths, soothing soaps and heated towels
- Library with fireplace
- Rooms for complementary therapy
- Children’s activity room
- On-site laundry rooms
- Four-season room
- Hair salon
- Interfaith chapel
- Wireless Internet access
- Ponds, gardens and walking paths
Private, fully furnished rooms feature:
- Comfortable, wood-framed bed with hospital bed functions
- Sleeper sofa, desk, dresser, recliner, dining table and guest seating
- Personal bathroom with extra large, handicap-accessible shower
- TV, DVD player and radio
- Fresh linens stocked daily
- Individual temperature controls and ceiling fan
- Picture rail for personal artwork
- Private patio
Residents at Agrace have access to support from a network of specially trained volunteers, who offer a variety of services:
- Calming music
- Visits from therapy dogs
- Massage and Reiki therapy
- Cost Cutters on-site hair salon services, offered weekly
- Gentle movement and book social groups
- Art and crafts workshops
- Companionship and assistance with meals Ask Agrace About Living at the Johnson Residence
If you’re interested in receiving hospice care at the Johnson Residence, take the next step: Call Agrace HospiceCare to discuss residential care with a member of our Admissions Team. They will be able to answer your questions, either over the phone or in your home.While patients are living at the Johnson Residence, their hospice services are typically covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance. Additionally, the Johnson Residence charges a daily room-and-board fee, which is the responsibility of the patient/family (some long-term insurance plans may pay for a portion of residential care).
In special short-stay situations, Agrace’s Care for All program can subsidize the room-and-board fee for patients who demonstrate financial need.
Call today to learn more or schedule a tour: (608) 327-7117 in the Madison area, or(800) 930-2770.
Instructions for Download and Print Only
Download our residential care application here.