As the community’s nonprofit resource for palliative care and hospice, Agrace is dedicated to increasing awareness and understanding of matters related to comfort during serious illness, death, dying, caregiving, grief and loss. With our guidance, our neighbors are better prepared to make decisions about the care they or their loved ones receive.
Agrace conducts educational presentations, seminars, conferences and inservice programs for community groups and healthcare professionals.
Each year, Agrace provides guest speakers for more than 400 professional organizations, service clubs, schools, colleges, businesses, churches and faith-based communities, senior centers, neighborhood groups and other partners throughout south central Wisconsin—all at no charge. Check out our calendar to view upcoming educational seminars or contact us if you would like to speak with someone from Agrace coming to present for your group. Some of the most requested topics include:
• An overview of hospice – “Making the Hospice Care Choice” outlines the services provided, eligibility, access and the financial benefits of hospice. We will also describe Agrace’s palliative care services that are available while people are still receiving treatment for a serious illness.
• Ethical issues surrounding death and dying – “A Gift to Your Family” explains the importance of writing down your health care wishes in advance and helps participants complete a power of attorney for health care.
• Seminars for faith communities – “Building Connections for Spiritual Care at the End of Life” discusses how important spirituality is at the end of life.
• Seminars for the workplace – These topics address how employers and employees handle grief, loss and caregiving responsibilities. Titles include “Communicating and Working With Grieving Clients,” “When Your Client is a Caregiver,” “Grief in the Workplace” and “Caregiving in the Workplace.” We encourage you to learn more about the ways in which Agrace’s Corporate Ambassador Program can help your company today.
• Making tax-deductible gifts to Agrace – “Building the Foundation, Leaving a Legacy for Agrace: How Your Gift Supports Agrace HospiceCare and Palliative Care” details the many tax advantages that are possible by giving to Agrace.
• Specific seminars on grief and bereavement, volunteering and caregiving issues are also available.
Every month, Agrace invites our community to a free, interactive question-and-answer seminar on a topic that makes a difference to you. Please reference our online calendarfor a complete listing of upcoming topics, dates, times and locations.