The Agrace HospiceCare thrift stores in Madison resell merchandise donated by the community and proceeds are used to support patients and families served by Agrace HospiceCare. Learn more about where to shop, what to donate and how tovolunteer.
SHOP at our Madison East and West locations
Agrace HospiceCare Thrift Store East
1733 Thierer Road
(Next to Mermaid Car Wash)
Agrace HospiceCare Thrift Store West
118 Junction Road
(Across from Target)
Our stores are open 7 days a week for shopping and donations.
Mon – Thurs 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Fri – Sat 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sun Noon – 4:00 p.m.
We offer high quality merchandise at competitive thrift store pricing. New merchandise arrives daily so shop often. We have a great selection of women’s clothing, jewelry, housewares, collectibles and books.
Want to learn about promotions and events happening at the Agrace HospiceCare Thrift Store? You can join our e-mail list today!
You may also wish to donate your gently used items or consider volunteering your time. The Agrace HospiceCare Thrift Store is a wonderful complement to the agency’s mission – Enhancing quality of life at the end of life. The thrift store:
- Generates funds to help Agrace HospiceCare patients and their families through the sale of donated items by the community
- Increases community awareness of the hospice philosophy
- Provides volunteer opportunities
- Maximizes the use and value of donated merchandise
- Offers customers good value and a pleasant shopping experience.
Consider making a DONATION
We accept clean, usable and resalable items only. Please check out the lists below to confirm that we accept the type of merchandise you’d like to donate.
- Antiques and collectibles
- Women’s clothing: current season and in style jackets, suits, slacks and tops, dresses and formal wear (Men’s clothing: east side store only).
- Women’s accessories including shoes, scarves, belts and handbags
- Housewares including china, porcelain and glassware
- Home décor including lamps, vases and framed art
- Domestics including linens, rugs, quilts and comforters
- Toys and games
- Books, audiobooks, music (CDs) and videos (VHS and DVD)
We cannot accept:
- Mattresses and sofa sleepers
- Exercise equipment and sporting goods
- Computers, computer components and typewriters
- All large appliances and microwaves
- Televisions and stereo electronics
- Blinds and shades
- Magazines, encyclopedias, textbooks, albums and cassette tapes
- Baby/infant items including accordion gates, swings, walkers, car seats/infant carriers, cribs and high chairs
VOLUNTEER your time
Would you like to volunteer at the Agrace HospiceCare Thrift Store? You can take the first step today! Print and complete our volunteer application 134.27 Kb, stop by the store to pick up or drop off your volunteer application or call
(608) 220-9117 to learn more.
Volunteers generously donate their time and expertise to operate our thrift store. Volunteers help in every aspect of running the store including assisting customers, creating displays, operating the cash register and receiving and pricing donations. Choose from among these volunteer roles:
- Customer service – operates cash register, assist customers and maintain store standards by straightening merchandise racks and displays.
- Merchandise flow – receives, sort and price donated items; and stock priced merchandise to the sales floor.
- Drivers/movers – pick up and deliver donated items and transport merchandise to the sales floor.
- Team leader – performs opening and closing procedures and provides leadership and support to other positions.
Shifts are as follows
Monday – Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Monday – Saturday 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday Noon – 4:00p.m.
We ask for a once-a-week commitment for shifts on Monday – Friday and an every-other-week commitment for the weekend shifts. However we do accept and welcome time-off requests.